Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Start of a New Error

Apparently I just became a blogger.

Interesting facts about bloggers include the statistic that 99% of blogs have only 1 reader - the author. I'm proud to be a member of the silent majority.


I used to write a lot more when I was younger, but somewhere along the road to premature middle-age, family, a mortgage and responsibility, I stopped. I plan to keep these entries short, but what I lack in verbiage I hope to make up for by being hugely opinionated.

So my own journey to becoming a blogger began last month when I enjoyed a lengthy period of hospitalisation with a fantastically painful slipped disc, accompanied by a right leg that wouldn't work. An extended period of lying in bed staring at the ceiling of an ageing infirmary waiting for spinal surgery does lead one to thoughts of an introspective nature, hence the sudden urge to share these thoughts/words/ideas/opinions as I sit here in the latter stages of my convalescence.

Here is a list of thoughts that came to me whilst enjoying my morphine-enhanced ceiling view:

1. Hospital medical and cleaning staff work incredibly hard and should get paid more.

2. Constant news about poorly-run and dirty hospitals is over-stated media hype and is an injustice to the aforementioned hard-working staff.

3. Having said that, hospital administrators are invisible bean-counters who have no business running medical facilities. (This particular thought is fuelled by the double-cancellation of my operation.)

4. Are Coldplay the new U2?

5. If so, does that make Keane the new Simple Minds?

6. I really hope there isn't a new Deacon Blue. They were shit.

Spot the difference...












Borat

The Borat movie is out at the end of next week. Just about the funniest thing around at the moment. Hugely offensive but gets under people's skin in the right way.

No comments: